I am filling these in as I go. Pretty much all of these are open to debate.
If you have a better pick for one of these or have a category to add,
Unique place in the South Bay
- The Hot N Tot - kids love the licorice rope they get for dessert
- Crenshaw and Lomita - lots of competition for this award unfortunately
- Walking around town, I see a lot of them. Still, I'll try to pick some
favorites. So far, there are a couple of great ones on Lucille I like and a
beautiful rose garden on Via Madonna in the Rolling Ranchos neighborhood.
Most appealing commercial building
- As far as potential goes, I choose the buildings at the intersection of
Narbonne and Lomita. Note that I say potential. Some of them need work (and
- They made me promise I wouldn't tell!
Best ice cream
Nicest walking area
- Any place with trees. Since I am walking the city starting at the north,
so far I liked 242nd best for walking. The Pines areas is pretty for walking,
but with as much walking as I've been doing lately, the hills get tough.
- According to the LA County Assessor, it's a house on Fairview in 1904.
Let me know,
if you know of an older one.
Best Italian restaurant
- Black Olive (Lomita and Pennsylvania)
Best view spot
- The south end of Eshelman Ave.
Best trees (yes, I like trees, and we have many great ones in town)
- The pepper trees on Cypress